Before we start, we just want to tell you how much of a rockstar you are! Here’s the reason why . . .
Because today is day 4, and you could have easily given up, but you didn’t and you won’t! You’re willing to grow through the tough stuff and that’s why you’re going to be successful!
Seriously, we’re super stoked for you!
Now that you’ve got the tools to help you fight your fears and limiting beliefs, you need a tribe of supportive people in your corner during your journey.
Can we all just agree that negative people seem to always have an opinion when it comes to your business???
Why you should do this, or shouldn’t do that. Why you should take the “safe” approach and get a job (don’t even get me started on that), or all the reasons they think it’ll never work (never mind the fact they’ve never been a business owner before).
Sometimes these negative people’s voice can be so loud, but only if you let it.
You get to choose who you spend your time with, and it only makes sense to spend that time with people that:
Believe in you
Understand your journey
Support you and love you
Can add value to you
Are a positive influence on you
Anyone who doesn’t fit this description is a person you should spend a little time with (if at all). Why?
Because ultimately, you are a product of our association. So if you hang around people who are negative, complain all the time, and have a bad attitude, chances are good that you’ll end up acting the same way.
However, if you choose to surround ourselves with positive, uplifting, encouraging, value adding people, you will find yourself exhibiting those same positive traits.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t have time for all that negative nonsense! Guys, it’s super draining being around that all the time!
So make the decision today to find your tribe of uplifting and encouraging people!
Jill, Michael, that all sounds great, but I seriously have no idea where to find people like that!? (It’s all good, we didn’t at first either)
So here are some places we’ve met some amazing, supportive people:
Personal Growth Conferences (like Pays to be Brave, Influencer, Rise, etc.)
Facebook Groups (and if you can’t find one, start one!)
I know the last one seems obvious, but if you come across someone’s page and they are a positive, happy person, strike up a conversation with them. Say you’re looking to start developing more positive relationships in your life and you’d love to get to know them more.
PEOPLE! Here me out . . . SOCIAL CAPITAL IS FAR MORE VALUABLE THAN FINANCIAL CAPITAL!
People open doors to other people and places you may have never been invited too. But if you let fear (see day 2) run your life, it could keep you from developing some amazing relationships.
DAY 4 REFLECTION
- Think about the 5 people you spend the most time with . . . are they mostly positive or negative?
- If you have negative people in your life, how do you think this is affecting you personally and your business?
- If you have negative people in your life, how have you noticed your mood and behaviors change when you’re around them as opposed to when you’re not?
DAY 4 ACTION
- Now that you’re really evaluated your association (good and bad), begin to spend more of your time around the people that uplift and encourage you.
- Limit the time you spend with negative people. It doesn’t mean you don’t care about them, it simply means you’re choosing to live a more positive life. Be an example for them of what that looks like.
- Explore one new way to meet more positive, encouraging people (like a facebook group)
Remember this: you are a product of the people you choose to spend your time with. So if you want to be a six-figure business owner, you need to hang around people that have a positive attitude and outlook on life, like a six-figure entrepreneur would.
Like attracts like, so go out there and attract winners, like YOU!